CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

I read a lot - one source is GUILD INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, INC....

1. 3,283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    I read a lot - one source is GUILD INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, INC. {this is not an advertisement}
    http://www.guildinvestment.com/

They have a Commentary page - the latest comments suggest inflation big time with a note about uranium = CMR could do really well + copper is in demand

"THE NEXT BIG INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY IS TO REALIZE THAT THE U.S. DOLLAR WILL FALL AND INFLATION WILL RISE LONG TERM

That is the inflation trade. This means shorting the dollar by going long strong, better managed currencies while also staying long gold. It will not be easy, or is it for the faint hearted. The markets will be volatile but what is the choice? Base metals and industrial commodities will not participate in the price rise at first due to slow economic activity and a serious recession or quasi-depression in the developed world. Later, we expect they will resume their price appreciation.

Energy substitutes such as uranium, wind, natural gas automobiles, and some other economically viable substitutes will do fine, but investors should be careful of substitutes that come with purely political motives. In a time of diminished resources and slowing economic activity, politically popular but economically absurd alternatives (e.g. biofuels with subsidies) will get a lot of lip service, but action will be delayed."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.