PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

New Governor of #Shabwa ends the Muslim Brotherhood

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112

For oil to runfrom Block S1 at any time in the last 5 years we needed a Governor who wouldallow it. Years ago when ex Gov Ben Odiou arrived, PSA shs had hopes but no - better late than never and yet we lost something and still wait. The new Gov is with General People’s Congress Party and at least does not appear to be an operative of the Muslim Brotherhood. Is there a good chance that the new S1 ownership will achieve what PSA could not. Maybe, but it will unnerve me if it is turns out to be so easy, since it implies corruption.

New governor of#Shabwa
    The New Governor (See full article below): "Governor Al-Awlaki disappeared from the political scene 6 years ago, and it is said that he was an expatriate abroad, before returning to his hometown last November, during the popular upheaval and the accompanying military splits as a result of the fall of the Bayhan districts in Shabwa to the hands of the Houthis, amid assurances at the time, it responded about what it described as a handover and receiving process that took place between the Houthis and Yemeni forces loyal to the Brotherhood."

Here is my firstdoubt: I can't help thinking that the new Governor arrived back into Yemen inNov and may have been foreshadowed for the Governor’s role and follows the saleof PSA's S1 Block last year. After all, Hadi is either throwing out the Islah Party (have they been found out?), or wanting to make money out of the oil that ain't yet flowing his way in Shabwah. We know that S1 is owned by those that own Block 9 whose production has been flowing for years. All else says, Hadi certainty does not want the war to end!

Another thought:I do not trust this move not to be manipulation by President Hadi's Oilinterests (or businessman Al Essi's).

Well, appointinga new governor of #Shabwa does end the control of the Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated #Islah party that led the local authorities during the past three years and facilitated the existence of extremist groups in the strategic #SouthYemen province.

Ifyou are unsure what this means I suggest you try understanding this about MuslimBrotherhood and bonds with the Houthi. The ex-Gov, (his role now isas an Advisor to President. Hadi - Go Figure!) allowedvery recently, Houthis to take control of 3 districts in Shabwah without afight while at the same time mobilized his forces against the Shabwani Elite atAlalm base (STC). This was the final straw proving to the people of Shabwah & Coalition that ex-Gov Ben Odioumain concern was fighting the STC.

Turning over tothe Houthi, 3 districts of Shabwah (incl Block S1’s Usaylan [spelling Usailan,Osaylan etc]) was also one step too far for Hadi. And with protest crowds inthe hundreds of thousands, Hadi has now played a different hand and thatsupposedly bought about a new Governor. But I know a leopard can't change its spots. And I only think of corruption when I hear Hadi’s name.

Governor's of Socata** and Shabwah - both Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated #Islahparty - have now been replaced by President Hadi.

** Ramzi Mahrous ousted from Socotra (Island south ofOman/Yemen border)

Article The newgovernor of Shabwa
    20four.com/678967

Translated

The newgovernor of Shabwa, Awad Muhammad Abdullah al-Awlaki (archive)
    Sunday December 26 2021 / 00:10 24 - Agencies
    Today, Saturday, Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi issued a republicandecision appointing a new governor for Shabwa Governorate (east), to succeedthe former governor, Muhammad Saleh bin Udayo.

And the official Yemeni news agency "Saba" said that Hadi issuedRepublican Decree No. (16) for the year 2021, the first article of whichstipulated the appointment of Awad Muhammad Abdullah Al-Awlaki as governor ofShabwa governorate.

And the second and final article of this decision made it effective from thedate of its issuance.

The new governor is Al-Awlaki, a member of the General People’s Congress Partyand a member of the Yemeni parliament. He was a participant in the Committee onForeign Affairs and Emigrants. He was born on June 12, 1968, in the NisabDistrict of Shabwa Governorate.

Al-Awlaki disappeared from the political scene 6 years ago, and it is said thathe was an expatriate abroad, before returning to his hometown last November,during the popular upheaval and the accompanying military splits as a result ofthe fall of the Bayhan districts in Shabwa to the hands of the Houthis, amidassurances At the time, it responded about what it described as a handover and receivingprocess that took place between the Houthis and Yemeni forces loyal to theBrotherhood.

Since his return, Al-Awlaki has led the peaceful tribal and popular protests inShabwa, which later reached the city of Ataq, the capital of the province, whichthe former governor then left for the Saudi capital, Riyadh, to be followed byAl-Awlaki within the framework of the ongoing consultations in the Kingdom withthe delegation of the Transitional Council.

Hadi also issued Resolution No. (75) of 2021 appointing Ben Adyo as an advisorto the President of the Republic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.