new home sales fell further in march, page-15

1. 3,704 Posts.
    Kincella,

Yeah that's why I talk about Ground Hog's day. I have been hearing all my life how houses are way over priced and MUST fall back at least 40% but IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED.

Miles is actually pretty reasonable, he's open to discussion but some of the others on this thread are amazing in how rabid they are. I had a long thread on HC saying "No Boggle Eyed Spittle Spraying Please" because that's what they do when they get excited.

That thread was an appeal to everyone to understand the fundamental choices we make as a society and how those fundamentals roll up and create demand.

I freely admit that if those fundamentals begin to change then we will be in for techtonic shifts in the property prices in Australia. For the moment there is no change in those fundamentals choices.

The constant references to the USA is humorous, they are totally different markets. We have 90 something percent of our population centred in just a few cities, the USA has innummerable medium sized cities covering the nation.

That's just one of the differences. The USA is verging on recession, we are booming. Their unemployment is rising, we can't get enough people for the available work, need I go on?

I think the basic problem is that people will often start with the outcome they desire and then they will filter information to suit that desire. If it supports they emphasise it, if it contradicts they ignore it. In the end they only cost themselves, that sort of delusion is why they are still renting after many years.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.