new home sales fell further in march, page-18

1. 3,704 Posts.
    Instocks,

I read a long thread on the Somersoft forum http://www.somersoft.com/forums/index.php which I can't find now but it was bloke who bought many properties in the USA and he was very detailed about the difficulties he had.

What I took away from that was that it was very hard to invest in property across continents. It worked out OK for him because he was after income flow and was buying up cheap properties with great rental returns (circa 25% or more). He was not so concerned with capital growth because he was older and wanted to stop working, it was cash flow that drove him.

Me, I've got a another couple of decades ahead of me with work so I am happy to trade cash flow (in the initial years after purchase) in exchange for capital growth.

However, if the panic merchants can help me I may be able to pick some properties which will be near self-funding from day one (with the lovely assistance of the ATO and depreciation allowances).

The guys on Hotcopper are great and I wish the commercial TV stations would interview some of them. Every time they would scream IT'S FALLING FAST they could scare a few more buyers away and maybe even scare others into selling.

The people who have been in this game for a long time would be smiling from ear to ear.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.