new hot copper site.

1. 1,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    I would not do it.

Not a big fan so far. Liked the idea of 'all posts at a glance' in the old HC.

Miss the 'thumbs up' summary at the top of the 'stock' page.

Miss the importance and string of a topic. ie. At a glance I can see who has posted, the longevity of the topic, the quality (thumbs) and over all the strength of a topic and stock compared with other stocks. All at a glance.

In this version, I need to click the topic. I don't think it wise to hide the stregnth of a topic simply in a referal to how many replies it recieves. I would get tired of searching the threads within the code.

If one needs to start a new topic, I wont see it because I will probably stream the one I'm in.

Yada yada yada!

And to the purist, the 'thumbs' are an important function on a forum such as this. It encourages feedback as well as contribution. It encourages familiarity. To down grade the function would make this site sterile and much the same as all the other sites.

Im a firm believer in not fixing whats not broken.

However there must be limitations to the old. The one thing I liked is how simple the old HC was. If you wanted to post captions, images, urls, italics etc. A page dedicated to it would have helped and to those that could be bothered. Why complicate my experience, with these changes. Ifeel I need to make an effort in the new format and not that much better off.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.