BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

Or perhaps use funds to help fund select farm conversions to...

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Or perhaps use funds to help fund select farm conversions to organic: "If a farm has been managed in a way where there hasn't been the use of pesticides – there are a lot of farms that do this, and their fertiliser regime is already organic – we can sometimes accelerate that conversion process down to as little as a 1½ to two years," she said.

'Sometimes accelerate,' translates to: 'with money to pay for' all the hurdles and paper work of the organic certification; soil quality (particularly the rich basalt soils, and climate (high rainfall) in North West Tasmania especially, are very well suited to this kind of dairy farming naturally, hence all the interest in properties associated with VDL: They are productive! The cost for farmers to go 'organic' is beginning to be seen as less prohibitive, and possibly lucrative, considering what they otherwise have to sell their milk for. Surly the future has got to be in value added products like IF, as opposed to the straight out raw product of milk? The sentiment of the farmers on the ground is beginning to change too I reckon. Besides, all the farms out there already supply Fonterra... The pieces of the puzzle are beginning to fall into place I think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.