CCF 4.35% 12.0¢ carbon conscious limited

Hi Whale7,I can give you and fellow CCF holders a general update...

1. 202 Posts.
    Hi Whale7,

I can give you and fellow CCF holders a general update on CCF.

Carbon Conscious is gearing up in anticipation of the introduction and passage of the Federal Governments' Carbon Legislation in the coming months. The Company is confident the legislation will pass, given it has the full support of the key independents and the Greens in the Senate.

The expected passage of the carbon legislation is expected to trigger the exercise of some commercial options held by CCF clients, which will in turn provide greater financial certainty for CCF and stimulate further investment and development of plantation projects. This was foreshadowed in a recent ASX announcement.

The recent appointment of Steve Lowe as Executive Chairman was made in anticipation of a significant increase in workload for the executive team, as a consequence of the expected passage of the Carbon legislation.

Steve's experience in the energy trading sector and his contacts within the fincial markets and with most of the 500 companies liable to incur carbon tax issues, makes him the ideal person to drive the public face of the Company.

Peter Balsarini's position as CEO will not change significantly, although he will take a less public role as he becomes more closely engaged with CCF's major clients.

As was stated in the most recent ASX announcement, the restructure is about ensuring CCF have the right people with the right skills in the right positions, and this new structure plays to the strengths, and significantly increases the capacity, of the executive team at CCF.

The executive team have been meeting with brokers and analysts in Perth this week and will be catching up with brokers and analysts in Sydney next week as part of an on-going process of raising the profile of the Company, educating the market about carbon abatement projects and stimulating investor interest in CCF.

We have also done some media recently, including talking to ABC News Radio and The West Australian. This is as much about educating the media on the key issues arising from the new carbon legislation, as it is about promoting CCF. This is an on-going strategy and one we will continue to do throughout the coming months.

The Federal Government is holding a series of on-going meetings with New Zealand government officials regarding the operation of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) and examining ways in which Australia's proposed ETS can be integrated into the NZ scheme in 2015.

Disclosure: I am an external investor relations consultant engaged by Carbon Conscious to assist in the development and implementation of media and investor relations strategies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.