ATH 0.00% 0.3¢ alterity therapeutics limited

New iron chelators enhancing NAD+ NADPH ratio, page-4

1. 2,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 992
    porhon, it could well be as you say, but tell me how did you come to speculate that. My understanding of cytostorms is weak but I did find this article below telling that Mdivi-1 attenuates acute lung injury and calms down pro-inflammatory cytokines mitochondrial fission. As you may remember PBT434 is chemically very similar to Mdivi-1 ( both quinazolinones ) and in experiments, both of these are working in similar ways.

IMO it would be a good thing if Sinclair would be investigating if PBT434 could calm down the lung problem in the COVID-19 cases.

Here is this paper
    . 2020 Apr 3;62:101918.
    doi: 10.1016/j.pupt.2020.101918. Online ahead of print.

Mdivi-1 Attenuates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury by Inhibiting MAPKs, Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis

Affiliations

Abstract

Sepsis is among the most devastating events in intensive care units. As a complication of sepsis, acute lung injury (ALI) is common and highly associated with poor outcome. The present study demonstrated that abnormal mitochondrial dynamics play a pivotal role in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced ALI. Inhibiting the mitochondrial fission with the specific inhibitor-1 (Mdivi-1) ameliorated ALI as assessed by hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) staining and wet/dry ratio. Furthermore, Mdivi-1 reduced mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) activation, oxidative stress and apoptosis in the lungs. Plasma pro-inflammation cytokines were also reduced significantly in Mdivi-1-treated mice. In vitro study revealed that Mdivi-1 protected the macrophages from LPS-induced MAPKs activation, oxidative stress and cell apoptosis. Mdivi-1 also inhibited the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Morphological analysis showed that Mdivi-1 rescued the macrophages from LPS-induced mitochondrial fragmentation. Moreover, LPS treatment induced significant phosphorylation of Drp1 at Ser616, dephosphorylation at Ser637 and translocation of Drp1 from the cytoplasm to mitochondria, while Mdivi-1 inhibited those effects. Thus, modification of fission to rebuild mitochondrial homeostasis may offer an innovative opportunity for developing therapeutic strategies against ALI.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $3.631K 1.210M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
60 81072032 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 2447647 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.