CTP 1.96% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

New Largest Shareholder, page-12

1. 746 Posts.
    A little something about the newest entrant to our top 20 Shareholders. I present to you Mr Robert Bryan.

Bob Bryan

James McCullough, The Sunday Mail (Qld)
    August 25, 2013 12:00am
    Brisbane, Resources/Property
    $217 million (no change). Last year: No.48
    Almost everything veteran Queensland miner Bob Bryan touches turns to gold ... or cash.
    The 78-year-old businessman made his first big break three decades ago when he sold his Mt Leyshon goldmines to Robert Champion de Crespigny for an estimated $60 million.
    Then it was on to a successful career in property investment before Queensland Gas, which made him a third fortune, of about $100 million, when it was sold to the BG Group in 2008.
    His main investments today are major stake in mining company PanAust and Senex, a gas and oil explorer which floated on disallowed three years ago.
    Mr Bryan is particularly excited about Senex, saying there would be considerable gas shortages in Australia in the future and the company would benefit as a result.
    "It has a tremendously robust cash flow and really makes a profit of $100 a barrel on every barrel of oil produced," he said.

Another focus is philanthropy. His Bryan Foundation, started four years ago, distributes between $1 million and $2 million a year, earning him a regular sport on The Sunday Mail's annual Big Givers List .

Things are starting to look promising. As I have always said the smart money will start to position itself this year, I thought the second half of the year. It looks like the first half of the year. My bad. Expect more to do so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.