GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Big number 92,500 , I think TSLA stock will make a big move...

1. 2,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3579
    Big number 92,500 , I think TSLA stock will make a big move given the amount of "Bankrupt, no demand" that was priced into TSLA prior to this. Wish i bought it 186 when i almost hit that submit button...

Out of curiosity, i was wondering how much of global LCE supply is that? A quick look at that impact on global lithium carbonate (i am sure the detail is wrong here but it is based on some quick google searches)

92,500 cars a quarter
    370k a year
    Tesla needs 370k x 63kg Li per car = 23m kg of lithium carbonate or 23,000 tonnes
    2015 global LCE was 175,000 tonnes

SO on 2015 global LCE numbers Tesla alone took up 13% of global supply.
    (Couldnt find the 2019 gloal LCE but i am confident Tesla will still represent a significant % of supply).

if Tesla which is really a start-up consumes 13% , i wonder what Mercedes, Audi, Porche, Ford, Toyota , Honda, Nissan , <multiple chinese companies>, <energy storage>, <E-Bikes> etc .. will need ? The important difference here is whilst Tesla is fighting production and distribution issues, Audi for example has production, marketing, distribution, brand loyalty already established ACROSS the world. Audi can confidently achieve what Tesla has done in 5 years in 1 year. That is a big deal when LCE isnt as large as analyst make it out to be and there is a significant lack of investment due to the current price cycle... All points to a very profitable 5 years for anyone with a mine today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.