GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

58mins or soSean Mitchell: "If Tesla does end up creating their...

1. 725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306

58mins or so
    Sean Mitchell: "If Tesla does end up creating their own batteries, their battery cells as well as raw material, getting into the mining business...which it sounds like they are headed in that direction, it's going to be trouble for traditional OEMs...I'm concerned Tesla may end up having Monopoly on EV market, which is the opposite intended impact that Musk wants, which is for more EVs to be on the market...[Tesla] needs other automakers [to be making EVs if Musk's intention of transitioning the world to EVs is to be realised sooner rather than later]...Tesla could (in order to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles) start selling these batteries [to other automakers] when they begin to manufacture them themselves...There were some things said at last Tesla earnings call that make me believe that Tesla getting into raw materials mining business and truely becoming vertically integrated with their cell production makes sense for them [if they're going to be] selling their batteries to the competition."
    Last edited by bfor3108: 16/09/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.