GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

New Lithium Related Article, page-4987

1. 8,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    Whilst we are talking about a fantasy dream team of mergers and acquisitions, one that has me puzzled is that of Livent.

They stopped their 9,500tpa expansion at Fenix in March last year. Total production from brine is in the region of 20,000tpa and they have ambitions to increase their production from there to 60,000tpa.

Their current market cap in AUD is $3.45 billion.

I don't fully understand why they held back on their expansions. Let's see what they have in the next call...

If you were to have both Galaxy & Livent within the one company you have a majority of Salar Del Hombre Muerto.

Total market cap of Livent & Galaxy combined is just under AU$5 billion and would offer dual listing in the US and Australia. - I'd keep the LTHM ticker code, as you can apply any other company name over the top.

Adding Pilbara in the mix and you have access to one of the largest hard rock resources globally. Market cap is around $8.4 billion then, with a total current (non-3rd party) LCE of ~115,000tpa and a projected future production of just under 250,000tpa LCE.

Albemarle have recently indicated that lithium industry demand will reach 1 million MT LCE by 2025. Whilst I am not indicating that a massive company such as what I am proposing would be able to achieve 1/4 of that demand by 2025, it does say quite a lot about the potential market share that it might have.

Albemarle currently have a market cap of approximately AU$23 billion and annual revenue from their lithium division of AUD$1.5 billion.

Albemarle's current operating capacity is 85,000tpa, however claim an available resource capability of 380,000tpa with a current utilisation of 25%

@SeeTheWorld did you ever consider what the company would be called? - Would probably want to keep the Galaxy name in Argentina with all the good will that has been generated. - Perhaps drop the name Livent. Pilbara was very much local area based.

I never came up with a name....
    Last edited by Thesi: 07/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.