GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I tend to agree with vmp -- part of the POSCO windfall (10, 20...

1. 495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    I tend to agree with vmp -- part of the POSCO windfall (10, 20 or 30%) need to be considered by the management to reward shareholders by means of shares buy back or special dividend.
    With hundreds of million to come from MC over the next few years and development cost of SDV to be expended progressively, having large pile of money sitting lazily without prudent and balance capital management will provide no value to the company or shareholders.
    The benefits of the distribution (even a small one) will definitely keep shorters at bay to some extent and demonstrate to the market that GXY is financially solid (surplus fund return to shareholders) and keep majority the shareholders happy sharing part of the windfall.
    The market tend not to value "cash pile" if it is not managed prudently or put to good use just sitting idly in the bank for long period of time, I have witnessed many companies having their market cap less than cash in the bank - not value by the market or perceived as simply unable to capitalise and add value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.