AVL 3.33% 1.5¢ australian vanadium limited

Yeah that's a great article and if it's even close to the mark...

1. 1,843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 490
    Yeah that's a great article and if it's even close to the mark things could get very interesting.

Sure seems like footy finals weekend got a hold of a few folks this weekend. WOW!! I was going to post on Friday night or Saturday morning but thought I'd let the dust settle and the hangovers subside. Investing in these types of mining companies isn't for the faint of heart! As much as I'm happy to continue holding shares in AVL, I would agree with the poster who said that if the company isn't going in the direction you feel it should be then just sell out. Someone once told me that every day you decide not to sell out of a stock before close you are indeed deciding to buy it before the next day's open. I felt it was good advice and gives you something to think about at 3.50pm each day.

I'm not even going to comment (much) on these home batteries everyone loves to keep going on about. Never once has that been a market I've cared for. Sure people will soon have to take a mortgage out to pay their electricity bills, but if you want to complain about sectors of the market we haven't infiltrated, why pick #5 on the Top 10 IMO? How about the car battery industry? I tell you I'd rather have a fire 30ft from my house than under my damn car seat. Wait until this massively growing market needs to solve that problem as well the fact that a car owner may not want to have to top the car up every 24hrs. Think about your phone battery for a bit.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-06/the-electric-car-revolution-is-accelerating

How about the fact that unless the Chinese government would like to see these buildings made with rubbish steel to continue falling over, they may have to strictly enforce the new laws on quality steel production over there.

http://www.copyright link/business/...wn-on-lowgrade-steel-capacity-20170726-gxjik3

Guess what substance accomplishes that for them and where 98% of the growing market is now? If you want the #1 target on our list then start looking into this area. Heck, I'm more interested in Swatch maybe using vanadium in their watches than I am in vanadium batteries powering my home. Maybe if I'm building a new development where I'm putting up a few hundred homes and could then be a mini power company, but not just 1. Not a bad gig providing electricity to a few hundred homes!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s/news-story/04648728bf8db1a6d36f8e5a98c9a1b0

How many towns and villages on this side of the world alone are in the middle of nowhere and who's corrupt local leaders live in houses more expensive than AVL's market cap? So don't stress about the demand of vanadium.

Seems a bunch of you would like this management gone. I think it's really only these posters who have got a very loose grasp on the reality of what they are saying, and are either way too emotional to be holding a junior mining company, or just too lubricated on a weekend night to be posting on a public forum (not saying I haven't done it in the past haha). I can tolerate the differing opinions of people who see alternate uses for our vanadium, but the ones calling for heads must have an agenda or are completely out of touch and haven't thought the repercussions of that knee jerk reaction completely through. First you must come up with a list of people (and their qualifications) who would take over for VA once you've fired him. I doubt the odd $100k in options will be as big of a deal to the new guy/gal as people on here have made it out to be when VA and crew got some. This company was on it's knee's when he took over, and while things may not be happening as fast as we'd all like, at least we've got some great options now moving forward.

The reason I mention "not thinking it through" is because IMO if for any reason a guy like VA does decide he wants to move on to greener pastures, then for no other reason than pot luck a few of your predictions about a SP of say .5 cents could easily happen before you could even place your shares in the sell queue!! Luckily I think the guy has a goal he wants to accomplish with this company and hopefully has just enough incentive now to keep hanging around. But again, many here may choose to argue with that because we may feel differently about a mining CEO making a couple hundred grand a year!

OK better get something to eat........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
-0.001(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $124.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.5¢ $30.22K 2.015M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
50 9078050 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 5435258 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.50pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.