LUM 0.00% 2.3¢ lumacom limited

"No I don’t [believe smoking causes lung cancer]. I think...

1. 483 Posts.
    "No I don’t [believe smoking causes lung cancer]. I think there’s obviously a strong statistical
    correlation there...”
    John Dollison, Tobacco Institute of Australia Limited. 10 June 1986

This is a classic case of semantics. Smoking doesn't cause cancer, it has been identified as a possible trigger for immunologically vunerable people, hence the reason not everyone that smokes gets cancer. And if we take the viewpoint that smoking causes cancer, for arguments sake, why is it that only around 2% of the population in Australia who have smoked actually get a cancer that may be statistically highly likely to be attributable to smoking, eg lung and throat cancer?

I think you'll find that this was where Dollison was coming from in his argument, vague and misleading probably, factually not incorrect though.

Getting away from the smoking debate, he has proven that he is not an ideas man, but a man that sets his sights on something and accomplishes them. He has been successful, it appears, in most things he has set out to do. Hopefully, Lumacom is not exception. He is on a miniscule wage, but hopefully he isn't just the LUM CEO for the money, but also for the challenge. I believe that eventually some of Dollison's entities will merge with LUM/Vertigo as Vertigo is one of Dollison's babies via his employees starting and running the company

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LUM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.