>That's a feature, not a bug, of the cheap software that this...

1. 2,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    >That's a feature, not a bug, of the cheap software that this mob uses.
    I lol'd

>Believe it or not, I'm well past those semantics.
    It doesn't appear to be the case

>Some stats show that an AR15 is a weapon of choice in mass shootings.
    Not the GVA stats, which has a definition of mass shootings you accept. Look at your source and check their definition.
    I have not seen any evidence that this is the case. The televised cases, certainly, but these are hardly representative.

>the "nasty black gun" tag at least captures attention and MAY lead to "something" being done.
    (Wait are they quotes?? Look out for KBear, he's going to come for your "incorrect use of punctuation" hahahah)

But it's not at all representative of the problem. Banning these specific firearm types will not lead to a decrease in gun crime/ mass shootings. It's mostly handguns and illegal handguns.

Why would people not point out that handguns are the real source of the problem?

> To my untrained eye they look like multi shot weapons designed to kill, not hunting or sporting guns
    They're not AR-15's or rifles, for one.

If they are automatic, then you need a special (expensive and very hard to acquire) license and very specific storage scenario to own one. It's not something a regular person can get easily. I don't think I have ever heard of a mass shooting (GVA def ) using a legally owned weapon of this nature.

(Further to this I don't know if you can explain a specific benefit to a potential mass shooter of automatic fire as a feature. It would take some training to use this feature effectively. Regardless, civilians don't really get to have automatic weapons in the US.)

They are probably semi-automatic. They use a handgun round and are for all intents and purposes a pistol with different ergonomics.
    Yes, an anti-personnel weapon, but then, so is a handgun. I don't know how these are classified in terms of statistics but I cannot think of an incident that has used one. Even in semi-automatic they are expensive, and being bigger they're hard to conceal. Being chambered in pistol rounds they have less power than a rifle and so then what would a potential mass shooter pick one for? Kind of pointless.

As far as justifying their existence in the market, people like guns as a hobby. For the most part, the vast majority of people who would buy a weapon like this is are responsible people.

You can take that "do people need to do this" argument to ridiculous extremes, do they need cosmetic surgery, do they need imported cheese, private jets, luxury cars etc etc.

I mean, you're effectively arguing that you're not comfortable with someone enjoying something, and I dunno, can they apply the same argument to your life and preferences in return? Eh. They're not hurting anyone.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.