CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

Thanks guys (trent26, 123enen etc) for your thoughts on the NML...

1. 165 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Thanks guys (trent26, 123enen etc) for your thoughts on the NML saga.

I just thought it prudent to bring it to attention, knowing full well that it could possibly be interpreted as a down-ramp.

In a way, I was just attempting to bring out the underling issues that any companies have in their dealings in wider Africa, Asia etc; issues of which I am sure everyone is aware, but issues, like death, that people always seem to have a problem discussing.

Anyway, just my thoughts on what I feel are a few positives to come out of all the discussion :-

1. Sure, it is difficult to do business in these countries.

You are essentially on a long tightrope for a long time, and some people do it better than others – MS has been at it for quite a while now and is piecing together something that is quite extraordinary.

And let’s not kid ourselves, by way of example, Brian Burke and his cohorts in WA possibly fit into the broader definition of corruption – it’s just an Australian variation or a slightly more dignified variation.

2. It has surprisingly stopped the one-line pot-shot baiting adopted by certain HC members who frustratingly see the CVI thread as an up-ramping heaven.

For the moment at least, they have mysteriously disappeared, making for better discussion, limiting the personal attacks and hopefully making things easier for the mods.

3. And just stating the obvious, sovereign risk is obviously an issue which every investor must take into account in terms of % of funds going into any one stock.

It is NOT a case of continually buying in on the dips, borrowing more money or taking profits from other stocks to plough even more money into just the one stock.

But it is a BIG risk BIG reward play.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.