IMU 3.53% 8.2¢ imugene limited

New Mimotope Product?

1. 2,858 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11797
    Good morning all

I have been a bit busy elsewhere so I have not been able to read absolutely everything on HC, so apologies if someone has posted on this already - but there is a new publication by the Vienna team which indicates a new Mimotope vaccine product recently trialled in a mouse model.

The article is shown as coming out in the May edition of Translational Oncology. The authors include key members of the Medical Un diversity of Vienna team who developed the Mimotope platform and Her-vaxx. (eg Profs Ursula Wiedermann and Christoph Zielinski) plus others who have been involved in the development of Her-vaxx since then.

The article details a combination use of Her-vaxx plus "the recently identified B-cell epitope/mimotope of Pertuzumab" to attack lung cancer in mice.

Pertuzumab is marketed as "Perjeta" by Roche, and it is commonly used a combination therapy with Herceptin. Herceptin attacks Her2 positive cancel cells. Perjeta reduces the ability of Her 2 positive cancer cells to receive growth signals. So this makes perfect sense as a new Mimotope platform product. Her-vaxx is a B cell vaccine which addresses the same target/method of action as Herceptin by teaching the immune system to produce its own targeted antibodies (instead of using lab manufactured artificial antibodies such as Herceptin). Now they have developed a B cell therapy which mimics the action of Perjeta to reduce Her 2 positive cancer cell growth. The combination should work in a similar way to the combination of Herceptin plus Perjeta, but without the side effects of manufactured antibodies

The initial results seem very promising. You can read the article here.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1936523322000407?via%3Dihub

I see it is also now listed as a publication on the IMU website. I'm not aware of this coming up for mention in any IMU presentations or announcements to date - but quite possibly I have missed something.

This is a significant development, and it illustrates the ability of Imugene to use the Mimotope technology to develop an ongoing stream of B cell vaccines. Her-vaxx, PD1-vaxx and B-vaxx have already established the clear superiority of B cell vaccines over manufactured antibodies such as Herceptin and Keytruda, in terms of having minimal to nil toxicity. We also have encouraging signs of clinical effectiveness.

If the Her-vaxx and PD1-vaxx trials confirm similar or superior clinical effectiveness, then commercial success should follow - as is frequently speculated about here on HC. However that would also validate the entire B cell therapy approach, and any valuation of Imugene should then include their ability to crank out additional B-cell vaccines addressing any other validated cancer targets which have significant clinical effect.

Her-vaxx and PD1-vaxx increasingly look like being golden eggs, but the Mimotope platform is the goose which lays them, and here comes one more....

Happy reading - but please - if this is a duplication, or a repetition of something already covered in a company announcement, my apologies.

Cheers

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.003(3.53%)
Mkt cap ! $600.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.6¢ 8.2¢ $1.246M 14.84M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 446526 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 535664 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.2¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 2.38 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.6¢ 8.6¢ 8.2¢ 4518456
Last updated 15.57pm 03/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.