NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

New mint take over, page-15

1. 679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    Yes ,you'll have a few days to sell your NCM shares after they go ex div. However I expect many people may have your concerns so the NCM price may drop far lower than the grossed up value of the div. You may be better off monitoring the NCM share price leading up to ex div date and cashing in if there is a steady climb from here . I suspect the NCM share price to climb from here up to ex div date for reasons mentioned in previous posts. I am no expert in this and am only relating my personal opinion. Also you don't have to open a Pershing style account if you just manage your NEM CDIs on the ASX . It will be exactly the same as now except your ASX code will change from NCM to NEM. There will be no mention of CDIs after this happens. Treat the new NEM holding as a shareholding similar to NCM .. The NCM and NEM share prices are currently calibrated to reflect the offer so really the effect on your portfolio is already evident . The big question from here for us all is whether NEM will be a good company to invest in long term . As with any of my stocks I simply look to a variety of analysts opinions and make a decision. For me I have accepted that the NEM share price is under valued and expect it to rise. That's what investing is all about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.