NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

The NEM.ASX share price should simply reflect the exchange rate...

1. 674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    The NEM.ASX share price should simply reflect the exchange rate adjusted NEM.NYSE price after the TO. The ASX instrument is a CDI but for all intents and purposes is a share , same as NEM in USA. I have no concern about the legality or functioning of the CDI as opposed to a US listed security. The negative for transferring to a NYSE listed share is that you will have to open a Pershing Account to buy and sell the stock on the NYSE. Then transfer the proceeds back to Aus. The brokerage rate is unattractive, believe me. Also the process is cumbersome for a retail investor. Although some may be unhappy with the company going overseas I for one want to stay in the largest gold producer , albeit owned by the Yanks . NEM is trading at a low bench mark because their shareholders consider the deal unattractive for them due to dilution. Once the TO happens it will all settle down and I can see share price risk to the upside. Many Analysts have valued NEM around $60USD. So when you translate that back to your NCM shares you will do well imo .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.