VMT 0.00% 14.5¢ vmoto limited

I caught that afd Been having another of my quiet phases,...

1. 124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 190
    I caught that afd wink.png Been having another of my quiet phases, because I am an investor rather than a bike enthusiast and, whilst I can see and appreciate several posters doing great work in digging-up information, quite frankly we should not have to be scratching around for numbers and info like this. The Company does not need to release data which it considers might be competitively sensitive, but this stuff is all out there in fragments and any serious competitor with half-decent resources can build a picture very quickly. So as I have said so many times before, it is annoying and frankly discourteous to investors that VMT Management continues to act like a small private company. But, again as I have said before, from personal experience it is very Chinese, and it seems to me that they sometimes don't know quite where and how they want to play.

Whilst I am at the keyboard, I noticed that someone picked-up on one of those investment recommendations where there's a lot of puff but then a hook to get you to subscribe to find out what the 'one big risk' is. Those outfits simply skim the published data and very often arrive at quite wrong conclusions, on this occasion concluding that the Company is far less tightly held than it actually is. They failed to get beneath the surface and discover that many key shareholders hold different tranches through different investment vehicles, or in combination with partners/relatives with different surnames, or investors like myself whom they cannot detect because the holdings are through nominees and they assume that those nominees represent a myriad of small investors whereas that is not the case. So don't be mislead or waste your money, VMT is pretty closely held and it would take a real 'offer that one cannot refuse' in order to rock the boat. That's unless we eventually start to get really fed-up with the lack of transparency and decide to move elsewhere.

For now though the investment case still looks very sound, and the SP should start to fly again on more news. If only the Company would 'grow up' give a real and comprehensive summary of its overall strategy and some decent forward guidance. Then take real steps to leverage the huge growth potential rather than remaining a good niche performer. Then develop a manufacturing strategy to match, and finally reward investors through a small dividend and another parallel listing on another international exchange.

But that takes a new level of management skill, and I guess that the 'Jury is still out' on whether we have that or not. There are many examples, but an interesting one is the Dyson business empire, a multi-billion pound enterprise which is still owned by its founder, well known inventor Sir James Dyson. As the Company grew James had the foresight to appoint an external CEO, and he remains on the Board as Founder and Chief Engineer. Maybe at some point Charles will need to look in the mirror ?

I don't think that is too harsh, but it raises the question of whether we and he want Vmoto's growth and success to be very good, or sensational. At this point it can go either way !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $60.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 14.0¢ $5.938K 42.15K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 30161 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 6025 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.13pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.