GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

New Moonie dropped?, page-10

1. 590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 846
    Arrr! I reckon that would be about right. Struggling for finance with technology this far advanced for solar panel markets now experiencing exponential growth is ridiculous. Maybe its time for RC to think big after years of being forced to beg for small change. Easier said than done.

But I can't believe JinkoSolar wont be wanting to make a move to protect its #1 solar panel position. They have a development agreement with Oxford PV for perovskite over silicon but as it stands that would probably add 30% + to the cost for a 20 % improvement in efficiency.

Right now its a single layer shootout with GreatCell the fastest hand in the west, cheap perovskite panels vs expensive silicon. Who knows, the recent visit to GreatCell may just have shocked Jinko into action or risk competitors getting a march on them. They should be considering an investment rather than just the existing R&D collaboration with GSL. After all, they turnover a billion + bucks a quarter and are growing at 40% + PA. A paltry few million to influence access rights to the best 3rd generation technology would be a bargain. They don't muck around and could have rolling off production lines in a year or two. If RC can't get $20M+ out of them as an advance for on future manufacturing licensing fees he should be making a well publicised show of offering it to their competitors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.