PBI premier bionics limited

new name soon

1. 434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    All motions at the EGM today were passed so the ASX will be asked to approve the new name asap; preferred code will be MVH ( Medic Vision Hospitals)
    The main point to emerge was the determination to have a new identify- new name; new board; new accountants, lawyers, Chief Financial Officer...
    I believe that most of the founding fathers have sold down their holdings and even the choice of venue for the meeting was, I suspect, an attempt to cut former ties.
    Ross Horley believes the company is ready to run, as opposed to crawling. Sales are looking good and the new accountants will table a report in a few weeks. It's difficult to make projections because a lot of income is from China and the actual transfer of funds from China can be hard to predict!
    Today's announcement is a forerunner of how they will, in future, make bulk announcements ( that's why NZ sales got mentioned with the Australian contracts). Some tenders have been won since the AGM and they have many quotes in the pipeline.
    The second key issue to me seemed to be the importance of the UK. There they are moving towards the mandating of training for surgeons, doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers etc and this also involves testing every 3 to 5 years. Australia, India and Hong Kong often follow the UK because of traditional links with
    e. g. the Royal College of Surgeons.
    The third main point was the growing importance of partnerships, especially with universities. They have brilliant people from UK unis. developing products which might attract EU grants. MVH will be the commercial providers while the partners get royalties.
    The " Cochlear " simulator is being developed with help from Melb. Uni. Incidentally, this should be ready in about 1 month. Pre-sales to China have been negotiated.
    The epidural product has more than paid for itself; 20 have been sold, in spite of constantly being modified to meet the needs of different countries. A shipment goes to Japan this week.
    The fourth point to note would be the outstanding credentials of the 3 man board. They have experience, contacts and research credentials.
    When asked about the share price, Ross Horley pointed out that, compared with other companies in related fields, a $1 price seemed achievable, but he was quick to say that no-one knows how the end of the resources boom would affect this company.
    The meeting was well-attended- standing room only- and Ross provided coffee because he'd seen complaints on Hot Copper last year!
    Conclusion: I came away with a great deal of optimism. They are in a business that offers a lot of potential for growth and there are few competitors at this stage. They already have the contacts and a presence in the major markets.
    Naturally there was no indication of any one prospective announcement that would send the sp rocketing, but sp growth should continue as people realise;
    1. the company has reinvented itself, and
    2. MedicVision is auditioning for the leading role on the world stage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.