DRO 4.53% $1.16 droneshield limited

I have been watching DRO for about 2 years and finally bought in...

1. 493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 612
    I have been watching DRO for about 2 years and finally bought in on last week's news. My concerns have been centred around competition. This has been an up and coming space and there are many trying to get a piece of the drone protection space. Another ASX listed competitor looked promising 2 years ago also, but never got to market. I have also read concerns on HC about the effectiveness of DRO products against complex purpose built military drones.

This week's announcement clearly puts DRO at the top of products out there for protection against drones that are commonly available. The EU would have high expectations and those completing the testing would know their stuff. As the announcement stated, the outcome not only will lead to purchases by EU police but it will provide massive international credibility.

IMO, DRO is now on the path to being the premier drone defense product for police, customs and other domestic security type forces. It has proven that it can effectively detect and safely disable drones that may be a threat in terms of terrorist activity around large gatherings (sporting / entertainment/ political rallies and other such events), sensitive installations (nuclear plants / government agencies/ airports), also contraband movement across borders and into installations such as prisons. It is in these environments, where readily available drones are a threat, that DRO comes into its own. This is a huge market.

I still question how extensive it will be used in complex military that prepare to deploy against large equally complex adversaries. It will have use in terrorist / insurgent situations (still plenty of $ here). However, I think there will be others who large military players will lean towards for big contracts due to their ability to identify complex military grade drones and destroy multiple threats quickly - can't have the whole pie can we.

Great to finally be on board and look forward to some big announcements this year $$$$$$$$.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.16
Change
-0.055(4.53%)
Mkt cap ! $1.011B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.22 $1.25 $1.15 $14.02M 11.79M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 29871 $1.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.17 19080 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.