TGA 0.00% $1.17 thorn group limited

Just sharing as I dug a little deeper into the corporations act...

1. 27 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    Just sharing as I dug a little deeper into the corporations act myself on some things to see if there are any loopholes to be aware of.

There is a 'creep' rule in the corporations act where they can acquire up to 2.99% of the company after a 6 month period: s611

Manner of acquisition

3% creep in 6 months

An acquisition by a person if:

(a) throughout the 6 months before the acquisition that person, or any other person, has had voting power in the company of at least 19%; and

(b) as a result of the acquisition, none of the persons referred to in paragraph (a) would have voting power in the company more than 3 percentage points higher than they had 6 months before the acquisition.

Reaching 50% (as they may do 6 months from now) will not allow them to pass a resolution to acquire more shares, as they may not participate in the vote.

Any other acquisition of shares can only be undertaken via a new bid to all security holders, and, if done within 4 months (s621(3) and RG 9.155 of ASIC Regulatory Guide RG 9 Takeover bids), the consideration offered must be equal or greater than the previous bid.

Please let me know if I am wrong, this is my interpretation and I am far from an expert.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.