CVN 0.00% 16.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

Just to be clear-there is no doubt that CVNs small rig can drill...

1. 2,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    Just to be clear-there is no doubt that CVNs small rig can drill to 600m-it can go a lot deeper (and probably as deep as the 9 to 11-storey-high monsters like Aztec 7). I should have said "..go to 600m ECONOMICALLY.." Whereas the big Aztec-sized rigs generally need to be looking at a multi-well situation (either a multi-well pad or a single well situation but with the ability to drag the intact rig across the paddocks to another site/s) the small rig is suitable for a blitzkreig-type situation ("get onto the site,drill the hole and get out and onto the next one asap"). Access for another hole alongside the previous one is obviously good in all or most cases,the set-up time for the small rig is heaps better than for the big rigs, the rig is sure as hell available-workovers will have to wait-and there is no contractual delay in obtaining the use of the rig. Sure the drilling will take a bit longer than for a big rig but the drilling time to go down 600m v.800m is so much less. I remember the tone of an announcement by CVN (2 ? years ago) when ,to their surprise ,CVN struck oil at under 600m- there was much elation at the time and I seem to remember that oil had not been struck in Thailand at that shallow depth before. I am very enthusiastic about the late-2009 production levels now , and the wider prognosis also.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $286.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 16.0¢ 15.5¢ $93.18K 583.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 354802 15.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 55498 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.