BTV 2.33% 21.0¢ batavia mining limited

new payment schedule for gulewa proceeds

1. 3,666 Posts.
    I just did a quick analysis of the amended payment schedule for the Gullewa proceeds:

.......... BEFORE .......... AFTER

2009.......... $3m.......... $1.5m
    2010 ......... $3m ......... $1.5m + $1.5m
    2011 ......... $4m.......... +$1.5m

Total ......... $10m......... $10m

So the effect is that payments for 2010 remain the same ($3M). The only change is that $1.5m is deferred from 2009 to 2011.

BTV receives 8% pa on the (effective) loan extension of $1.5m, far more than prevailing interest rates.

Also because BTV has an option (but no obligation) to take ATW Gold shares rather than the cash, the option over the deferred $1.5m has longer to run, increasing its value. (there is greater chance ATW will be over C$1.00 in 2011 than in 2009).

Meanwhile, I am still accumulating, just ahead of the buyback. 2,100,000 shares now.

It is a ridiculously easy strategy to buy just in front of the buyback, knowing that your purchase is supported by 20,000,000 of buying power (16.5%), and the share itself is supported by a cash backing of 11.1cps and over 20cps in NTA.

Also, it seems strange to me that anyone would sell into this buyback at prices LOWER than the buyback a few month ago - the company has already show itself willing to pay 8 cents to buy back shares. Barring the restriction the company has on the WAP from the previous 5 days prices, it will pay 8 cents (and probably more). Why sell for less..???

Oh well, let the sellers come. All the better,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.