IIN 0.00% $9.52 iinet limited

iiNet announced new plans today, available August...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    iiNet announced new plans today, available August 20.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1514223

Crazy crazy good value. This makes them hands down the best value "premium" ISP in Australia.

At that price range we have bundled phone + internet):
    Telstra - 50GB for $60/month
    iiNet - 200GB for $50/month

At the next tier up:
    Telstra - 200GB for $80/month
    iiNet - 200GB for $50/month, or 400GB for $70/month

On the Naked DSL side we have:
    TPG - 180GB for $60/month (uploads + downloads counted)
    iiNet - 100GB for $60/month
    TPG - 200GB for $80/month (only downloads counted)
    iiNet - 400GB for $90/month

My understanding is the vast majority of customers are in the $40-55/month price range.

My view as a consumer (and having used all 3 networks) is that the Telstra network is marginally better than the iiNet network (in particular they have better routes to Asia), and both Telstra and iiNet crap all over TPG's network.

I would recommend TPG to users who are extremely budget conscious and aren't into gaming (TPG's network is too badly managed for gaming), and I'd recommend iiNet to anyone else now. I would recommend Telstra Cable over iiNet in the cases where they are too far from their telephone exchange to get a fast & stable ADSL2+ connection. There is no reason to use Telstra ADSL.

So for those reasons I think iiNet are in a really great position. They're better value than Telstra in the "premium" market, and they're competitive even against TPG whose service is "budget". I don't mean to disparage TPG as they clearly have a solid business model as evidenced by their customer base but it is a low cost, lower quality network.

I just wish, as a shareholder, that I could see the costings behind this. :D

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.