I have always been interested in Australian politics since...

1. 68 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

I have always been interested in Australian politics since migrating from Switzerland in 1979. However, the present standard of Australian politics has become unbearable. The constant aggravation, telling of half truths and the constant political finger pointing and point scoring reminds me of an expensive Kindergarten. Who have we got in this beautiful country to lead us out of this misery? I appeal to Malcolm Turnbull to launch a new political party as the present cultures of the two major party machines are not inspirational and are downright destructive. He has the vision, the business acumen, the integrity, statesmanship and last, but not least the financial means to do it. There must be politicians on both sides who must be sick of the present circumstances and would love to join him. Let him pick the best brains, stop the spin and bullshit and get on with governing our country Australia. Imagine..... him as Prime Minister, Ken Henry as the treasurer and Kevin 07 the foreign minister...... what a winning combination! This new team would leave homophobic Abbott & Julia Gillard, the chief spin doctor, for dead. Call the party Australian Republican Democrats. The Republican inference is a bit risqué, but that too needs some new thoughts. If anyone can pull it off, he can. Therese Rein might even join him to set up this new party to free us from the present dysfunctional parliament.
    Food for thought.........and civil discussion - please!
    PS Please don’t mention Gordon Grech - that’s old hat and not relevant anymore.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.