new pope, more of the same, page-18

1. 642 Posts.
    In terms of religion keeping the little people in check and saying that it's easier for a school of fish to be eaten by a shark, well religion has been in decline for many years. Mass media is the new medium for which people are kept in check ... masses are fed on what they here in the media which is supported by Govts, Corporations or anyone else paying for a positive opinion on a topic. The masses are very much kept in check by what they here in the media as well (you know the outcomes of trials and the punishments associated with the outcomes soley through media broadcasts, you see govt campaigns telling you that you will lose your licence if you drink and drive, etc).
    Religion used to explain the unexplainable for previous milleniums, but now science explains the previously unexplainable and it is hard to swallow the religious explanations. So, now the masses have turned away from one worship - ie, bible and it's ridiculous explanations (particularly in regard to evolution), to a new worship which many spend much of their day dwelling over - mass media (TV, Newspapers, Internet,etc).
    So in regard to the Pope ... it is a meaningless title, as today more people see the beliefs of the religion to be outdated and illogical. The fact that they have chosen a new pope who has very conservative values shows they don't want to change, and I can only see that as society becomes more and more knowlegeable and grows they will view a static Catholic (or Christian) with less enthusiasm than at present. I don't believe a conservative is what they need at present. I believe they need someone to question if many of their beliefs make sense in today's era.
    I'm sure that someone won't like what I've said ... but I'd be interested in debate on my thoughts :P

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.