BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

I agree and have laboured the point many times that Nasdaq...

1. 8,256 Posts.
    I agree and have laboured the point many times that Nasdaq listing for listing's sake is not the silver bullet, or more aptly, is not the "Panacea" - I have witnessed failure to perform on Nasdaq listing as a disappointed UNS/UNIS holder.

In saying this, Biota is not UNS and it is not PRR. We really do have some heavy hitting $'s sitting in the wings - specifically, BARDA. UNS and PRR cannot boast US Govt interest, certainly not to the extent of $250m. In our case, hopefully there are concrete vested investors waiting to get on board.

I'm not even going to mention the other near term opportunities. Biota has been around for some time and so, unlike those other 2 companies, it can demonstrate scientific success.

Having said all the above and maybe unfairly panned the UNS and PRR listings (so far), I believe that both their market caps may have increased thanks to the notion of Nasdaq listings.

Ultimately, we have been theorising a straight Nasdaq listing for Biota - other possible options still include:

- a product spinoff and list (e.g. LANI);

- or a list by stealth (via a junior partner);

- or a M&A (where we are gobbled up);

- or...?

Any of these options could well be more lucrative ways to achieve better value for holders - let's hope management really do have small (the majority) shareholder wealth maximisation foremost in their thoughts and plans.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.