CUV 1.61% $14.68 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

new potential cure for skin cancer, page-6

1. 108 Posts.

Southerncross,

I take your point.

In relation to approval for a preventative for skin cancer, this might speed things up.

I just went back and had a look at Clinuvel corporate presentation (30/3/10). Have a look at slide 9. One of Clinuvel indications is protection of organ transplant recipients who essentially have their immune system knocked out by immuosuppressive therapy. Many organ transplant recipients die early from cancers that their body would normally control if they had an intact immune system. It is a huge problem, one that I am well aware of. Many anti-rejection drugs also have photosensitive issues.

Interesting this sits just below EPP on slide 9. Are they going to pursue this seriously? This would be the perfect model to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that afamelanotide protects against skin cancer.

Here is just one of many papers discussing the problem.

Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Organ Transplant Recipients: Approach to Management

J. A. Carucci MD, PhD 2004

Approximately 23,000 organ transplantations were performed in the United States in 2000 with the majority being kidney transplants.1 Survival after transplant continues to improve and with longer survival comes increased risk for skin cancers, particularly SCC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.