PEN 4.76% 11.0¢ peninsula energy limited

The problem with Lance is that they will be using an acid leach...

1. zog
    2,948 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 893
    The problem with Lance is that they will be using an acid leach rather than the other mines (in Wyoming) that use an alkaline leach - I don't know if this would give problems for processing elsewhere (i.e the IX resins may be different) another issue is potentially sensitivity of the resins to cloride (as in salt) ions. An report from 2017 (see HERE) outlines this issue as:

"Mineralogy to blame. Testwork has led management to conclude that typical USISR style alkaline leach won’t work at Lance. Uraninite does not occur on theoutside of sandstone grains as it does within most roll-front deposits. It appears asthough oxidized secondary uranophanes are trapped inside secondary quartz.More aggressive leaching is required to attack the quartz and U3O8.

Considering acid leach. A weak acidic solution has demonstrated to be up to 10xbetter than alkali methods. It is used in Kazakhstan and Australia, but oxygen andbicarbonate is used in the USA. Many, including myself, may have assumed acidleach can’t be used domestically. PEN disputes this saying there aren’t specificrestrictions. In fact in situ acid leach is used for copper in AZ and has beenpreviously used for U3O8 in WY at Reno Creek and Shirley Basin.

Buy low sell high strategy buffers impact. We anticipate production cappedaround 150,000 lbs pa, sufficient to fill Lance-specific contracts. PEN has agreed tobuy 900,000 lbs over 3 years at US$25/lb to meet non-Lance sourced deliveryrequirements. 7.7 MM lbs remain under contract through 2030 at an impressiveaverage price of US$54/lb. Buying low in the spot market while selling into highpriced U3O8 contracts has become common""

:Maybe BOE are going to buy out PEN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $350.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $1.540M 14.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 4155665 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 4142147 42
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.