A2M 2.41% $7.02 the a2 milk company limited

To be honest I think both did have a decent attempt and the...

1. 4,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1802
    To be honest I think both did have a decent attempt and the numbers obviously didn't stack up.

Manuka honey milk powder was obviously a product tailor made for the daigou market, but it came in just around the time that the daigou market imploded.

The few times I tried it, it was heavily discounted here. Even at original price, I am sure it would have been an expensive product to manufacture. I also recall that the manufacturing was suspended for a period as they had difficulties with it.

The ice-cream was quite awhile back (I think it was around a couple of years and discontinued while Jayne was still CEO - probably 2019). I thought it was nice. It seemed a bit expensive but actually was probably not when compared to the other gourmet ice creams on a per L basis.

I am not sure it was a complete failure. I think it came about as part of a strategic shift to improve the company's overall margins (they had dropped to below 30% - oh the horror). Jayne Hyrdlcka was copping it and so the decision was made to axe anything low margin. That was when the whole UK market segment got chopped as well. So I do wonder if such lower margin products would get another look in now, given that there wouldn't be as big a discrepancy with the margins on milk powders etc. especially if we are able to do more of the manufacturing ourselves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.