TXN 0.00% 58.0¢ texon petroleum ltd

RBS has just released a massive 15 page research paper covering...

1. 640 Posts.
    RBS has just released a massive 15 page research paper covering the TXN/SEA merger and TXN/TALON demerger.

I'll work out how to share it but in the mean time here are some extracts (all the usual disclaimers apply = not my work, unedited by me, DYOR etc etc):

We see upside from the merger with SEA and interest in Talon and recommend shareholders of Texon to vote in favour of all resolutions in the absence of a superior offer.

The deal adds value
    In our view the deal makes strategic sense. We value SEA on a post merger basis at $1.15 per share. On this basis,
    the current share price of TXN does not reflect any value for Talon, and therefore buying TXN now gives
    investors a free option in Talon, which we have valued at $0.10*/share. The share price of SEA is currently trading below our valuation post the merger ($1.15 per SEA share),
    suggesting significant upside in the next 12 months.

* This valuation is based on the current issued capital pre the proposed capital reduction. Following
    the 2 for 5 capital reduction this valuation would increase to $0.24 per share.

Implied TXN valuation $0.67 per share

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TXN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.