AVR 0.00% $12.19 anteris technologies ltd

I think things will liven up towards the end of the E.F.S just...

1. 100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    I think things will liven up towards the end of the E.F.S just prior to our Pivotal trial approval, given Medtronics was willing to pay/gamble $1.4B 13 years ago on CoreValve, just prior to the commencement of a pivotal trial in the US.
    DURavr will be in a much stronger position than CoreValve was at that time, based on our completed FIH trials, and now the FDA approval for EFS IDE commencement.
    So the question is -what will the offer be ?????

Your History Lesson for the day!.

Extract from:
    How Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) Was Born: The Struggle for a New Invention

In 1992, after 41 in-vivo experiments, we realized that we had to find a non-European company with expertise in heart valves to develop the invention. We could no longer achieve more by building non-sterile valves and catheters with our own hands and performing only non-sterile acute feasibility studies. We needed serious sponsorship to continue the animal experiments with sterile heart valves and long-term follow-up studies.With the international patent and our scientific results in hand, I contacted many of the big players on the market at that time; Johnson & Johnson (J&J), Medtronic, Baxter B.V. which at that time owned Edwards Lifesciences (Edwards), Boston Scientific, St. Jude Medical, USCI-Bard, SCIMED, Trimedyne, Meadox Surgimed, Pfizer, Astra Meditec and more. My efforts were all in vain. The response from the companies was always the same: “Wow, that's interesting, I've never heard of a percutaneous heart valve before, We will look into it.” And who did the companies call to seek advice? Who were the experts in heart valves? The cardiac surgeons, of course! And what did the cardiac surgeons say? “It is a silly idea, with very few patients who need it, after all there is no such thing as a nonsurgical patient. We can operate all the patients and have perfect outcomes. Here are the top eight reasons why this is never, ever going to work. It's a ‘ridiculous’ idea,” (repeated eight times, authors comment). It was said that cardiologists know nothing about aortic stenosis and should not treat these patients, and “It is the most stupid project ever heard of.….It will never work”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.