PEK 2.08% 23.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Skijapan, I think you are correct. Looking at a fairly detailed...

1. 144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    Skijapan, I think you are correct. Looking at a fairly detailed map of Tanzania, Wigu is close to Kisaki, which has a railway line running direct to Dar Es Salaam, which has substantial deep water berths. The other end of the railway line runs west to Mbeya, which is some 147 km from Ngualla. I think that some of the delays in awarding a mining licence to Peak, centred on the amount of beneficiation to be carried out by Peak, and that the GoT wanted a substantial amount of the ore from Ngualla to be processed in Tanzania. That being said, it doesn't look as though road connections from Ngualla to Mbeya are particularly good, and although my map is a little out of date, I am not sure that things will have changed much.

So it would appear logical to to have the ore from Ngualla to be transported to a central location, such as Kisaki, and processed there, particularly as both mines will be producing ore of a similar type, that is carbonatite and bastanasite. Also, the location of a processing facility, near to Dar Es Salaam, means that processing chemicals will not need to transported for any great distance from the port. Quite what this means for Peak, I am not sure, but perhaps it would be helpful to us shareholders, to have much of the processing done in Tanzania, rather than China.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $62.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 24.0¢ 23.5¢ $147.8K 618.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 62870 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 3860 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.5¢ 24.0¢ 23.5¢ 7333
Last updated 15.46pm 06/06/2024 ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.