CTP 0.00% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

new Santos strategy, page-9

1. 8,605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2895
    yeh, all interesting stuff.
    COM - do read it that STO will split its interests in the J/V it has with CTP? ie Meerenie to Newco and gas stays with Santos?

upon reading pres they state their future lies in gas. not oil. they then highlight that the future of their gas business is based upon (am recalling here) cost reduction, selling access to infrastructure to 3rd parties, AND growing its gas supplies.
    That to me is the most important aspect of their strategy, as no gas = no business.
    By highlighting Amadeus I agree that they are indicating they will speed up development of Amadeus.
    and yep CTP will need to keep up its commitments.
    and yep, maybe MQ had wind of all of this??? ie STO new policy, because it would have taken STO months and months to get to this announcement. And merchant banking industry would all have heard rumours etc.

IF STO now has a new focus, just maybe CTP will prove more attractive to STO, than it was before? and maybe MB will have a competitor? Actually, maybe STO has pre-emptive rights? but that would not apply if MB bought the shares of CTP as distinct from assets.

anyway - how coincidental is Origon spin-off and now STO spinoff?
    what bets on the two newco's getting together down the track??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.