SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Further to this thread i have come across an announcment by the...

1. 173 Posts.
    Further to this thread i have come across an announcment by the World Bank:

Africa: World Bank-ADB Present New Assistance Strategy:

The proposed project will be presented to stakeholders today in Yaounde for scrutiny.

In view of the Growth and Employment Strategy Paper under preparation and the Cameroon Vision for 2035, the World Bank and the African Development Bank are preparing a new assistance strategy for Cameroon; one which will correspondent with Cameroon's new development aspirations.

All the actors in the country's socio-economic life will converge at the Hilton today to scrutinise the proposed strategy already discussed in earlier workshops organised in Yaounde from 11 to 15 May, 2009. Expected to be presided at by the Minister of the Economy, Planning and Regional Development, Louis Paul Motaze, today's workshop will ensure that the strategy marches with the country's new approach. According to a release from the World Bank office in Yaounde, the new strategy of the two donor organisations, whose execution will run from 2010 to 2013, is expected to cover areas such as: increase infrastructure investment; modernisation of production and increase in competitiveness and macroeconomic and human development management.

The World Bank presently has a portfolio of 20 projects under execution in Cameroon at the commitment cost of CFA 595.4 million dollars (about CFA 298 billion). The projects cover the following sectors: education, social development, transport, finance and private sector development, environment, agriculture and rural development, energy and mines, health, nutrition and population, urban development etc.

source:allafrica.com

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.