SPA 0.00% 2.3¢ spacetalk ltd

"I cannot believe why someone would continue to whinge about...

1. 545 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198
    "I cannot believe why someone would continue to whinge about management of a company and would stay invested in that company rather than selling it and investing the proceeds in one of of the 2500 companies listed on the ASX."

If you have been in the markets for 40 years and were paying attention, you would already know that shareholder activism exists and is one way to unlock corporate value in situations just like the one SPA shareholders find themselves in.

And not only that, but @Bundy also pointed out that shareholder activism just happens to be a focus of SPA's largest insto shareholder. Thorney - the "thorn in the side". They aren't the only institutional investor that takes activism seriously, but they are already on SPA's register.

I already know of a number of SPA shareholders with meaningful shareholdings who see great potential here but are disappointed about the current state of governance, transparency, accountability and remuneration. I know this because they are already part of the Spacetalk Shareholders Group.

I also know there are many others concerned about the current state of governance, transparency, accountability and remuneration. They show this concern in the form of upvotes and their well-considered posts on these issues.

I also suspect there are many more shareholders who are also concerned but aren't at all active on HC, and many more who don't even read HC, but who, given the chance and with the right motivation, would exercise a vote to end the "rape" as you put it.

All of these shareholders would understand the link between good governance, transparency, accountability and remuneration, and better company performance and investment returns.

I can't understand why anyone would criticise the effort being made to empower shareholders and give them a voice on these issues when the conflicted, overpaid and underperforming CEO is clearly unwilling to expose himself to accepted standards of accountability of his own volition.

And I can not understand why any shareholder, short-term traders and longer-term co-owners alike, would not want to give themselves the best chance of realising the potential upside of this investment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4157 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 136890 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.13am 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.