New super proposals $1.6m transfer balance limit, page-3

1. 82,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I assume this means that for each persons account - we will have to have separate shareholdings in a pension account or an accumulation account - which (I think) will mean that each person would have to have at least 2 broking accounts - one that is connected to their pension account and another connected to their accumulation account (or accounts).

How else will we be able to talk about growth in a particular account? - or will they just work it on a percentage?

Perhaps I am on a completely wrong track here?

Is it possible to work it like it works now - say having a members account and in that account you have 1 pension account and 1 accm. account - and lets say those two accounts are worth 1.6 million each -

so, in toto the members account is worth 3.2 million.

if the members account rises by 1 million for a year - that will make each account inside the member account grow by 500,000 each account - so, the pension account just stays tax free - but, the accum. account has to pay 15% on what it makes.

hmmm - when I put that on paper - maybe my idea of separate broking accounts is unnecessary.

But, if you had a kickbutt growth portfolio and you wanted all of that in your pension account and your normal income making stocks and cash etc in your accum. account - so, you were happy to wear the 15% tax, but, wanted zero tax on your growth - then, you would need separate accounts.

Am I making sense or have I blown a valve?

tia

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.