Let me preface my remarks by noting that professional liability...

1. 284 Posts.
    Let me preface my remarks by noting that professional liability is not a topic I know anything about.

"Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT..."

You have specifically stated otherwise and advertised your comments as 'coming from an accountant'. I am not conversant with the legal implications of offering professional advice on a public forum, but you have certainly claimed to be a professional.

In my uneducated opinion, you have probably breached section 150 of the APES 110 Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants. This code only applies to members of professional bodies. Are you a member of CA/CPA/NIA? I know it applies to them. I can't imagine you ever being reprimanded for this, but it satisfies me greatly to know that professional ethics don't concern you very much.

Allow me to quote from APES 110:

150.1 The principle of professional behaviour imposes an obligation on members to comply with relevant laws and regulations and avoid any action or omission that may bring discredit to the profession. This includes actions or omissions which a reasonable and informed third party, having knowledge of all relevant information, would conclude negatively affects the good reputation of the profession.

150.2 In marketing and promoting themselves and their work, members should not bring the profession into disrepute. Members should be honest and truthful and should not:
    (a) Make exaggerated claims for the services they are able to offer, the qualifications they possess, or experience they have gained; or
    (b) Make disparaging references or unsubstantiated comparisons to the work of others.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.