LTR 3.66% 99.0¢ liontown resources limited

New TA/Charting, page-10666

1. 2,991 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1417
    HiGGG77,
    The volume is important to the number of shares that are short and have to be replaced.
    At the moment share price is not moving and volume traded is decreasing daily.
    So, I'm trying to describe what I think is happening with the short trading strategy with regard to short covering that is being attempted, stress" attempted" by those institutions holding borrowed or rented share contracts.
    The different daily volumes indicate to me that x amount of LTR shares are introduced into the market in an attempt to drive the price down on any particular day (very random)
    What plays out next is the front office furiously selling and buying to the back office(and vice versa) then we see the real share tally of cross trades at the end of each day. This is still no indication of where the price is going after x trades are completed only the market maker and those with sophisticated software will know. IMO

What I'm seeing (with regard to volume candles) that may be of benefit is the need to return shares in the T+4 rule. So, after yesterday high of 2.04 extra short shares (acquired from somewhere) where introduced to stabilise the SP rise. I noted this on one of my early posts yesterday the one that said NO VOLUME 64401188 Crisis meeting/meetings in the Hedgie Market Maker office led to extra liquidity on the short side being introduced to the market later in the day. (My yesterday afternoon post 64410686) Those shares acquired from somewhere, could be from unsettled shares in broker accounts, or from agreed contracts with another institution. Either way they have to be brought on market and returned to the rightful owner(settled) to maintain market integrity. Friday Monday or Tuesday is going to see a bigger green candle as the holder of the short positions have to cough up with returning those shares or we will see arise in reported shorts. The shorters are losing this battle stay long and be rewarded. I’m very confident Leg 2 will resume.2.32- 2.38Let’s see. Kindest regards G. Choppa
    Last edited by grasschoppa: 27/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.035(3.66%)
Mkt cap ! $2.400B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.5¢ 99.5¢ 95.0¢ $9.144M 9.445M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 35907 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 30593 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.