LTR 2.94% 87.5¢ liontown resources limited

New TA/Charting, page-3552

1. 580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 771
    Condescending much Flash. I won't deal with the price / volume divergence issue as you have dealt with that yourself in the post that pongo notes further on. Good analysis I must say. You certainly put that beisha in his place!

You seem to have set yourself up as the TA guru on this thread and anyone who challenges you gets your vapid tongue. Every line that you place on to a chart is a construct of underlying data that you (and everyone else) is trying to make sense of. Therefore I would suggest that the purest form of TA is price action trading without hieroglyphics sprawled all over your charts. My personal view is the simpler the better.

In fact, in most cases, the use of line markings or indicators used is done to confirm a particular bias (conscious and unconscious) that you (or I) have about the world we live in. This has been done since the stone age, i.e. seeing pictures or symbols among the stars.

I noted your post from yesterday, replying to pongo, showing some form of association between LTR and LIT EFT as opposed to corn futures. I went back and had a look at the daily data for LTR and LIT EFT and used a different set of assumptions (starting point) and I could easily flat line the LIT EFT in comparison to LTR price over time. Try it you may be amazed! That little experiment could highlight little or no association between the two data sets. No correlation and certainly no causation.

My point is that your world view aids in determine the assumptions that you choose to support your future expectations, which reinforces your world view. Chicken / egg - who knows.

Pongo is right re your predictions over the past six months and, guess what, you have hit everyone of them; much like a soothsayer in ancient Greece.

My question for you will be where will price be once LTR's price has hit blue sky. You will have no historical data to take cover in. As I have noted before forecasting with time-series data is inherently problematic - no cover there. You will only have what is going on in the world to make some predictions of where price might head.

Some seem to think that Tesla and battery day will form some form of catalyst. I doubt it, as I think much of the hype of BD is already baked into Li stocks. That then leaves us with other catalysts that might come from LTR itself, off-take agreements, sale of the business in whole or in part, decision around production, improvement the macro economy, actual commodification of EVs (so that the average punter can actually afford them - thanks Anatol for you most recent post).

Divergent views should therefore not be dismissed simply because you think your TA is far superior to others. Maybe try to take a different tack in the way that you actually address other's points of view as well. You may actually get a different response.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
87.5¢
Change
0.025(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $2.121B
Open High Low Value Volume
88.0¢ 88.5¢ 85.3¢ $8.253M 9.463M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 30489 87.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
88.0¢ 252133 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.