OAK 0.00% 6.1¢ oakridge international limited

Muss,I'm lost. Are you saying the board either created or found...

1. 3,483 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 458
    Muss,

I'm lost. Are you saying the board either created or found a company to make a formal takeover offer at more than a 15% premium to the Minor offer just so that a few shareholders would remember them slightly more fondly ? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on what real motivation Edge would have to be party to such as thing.

As I've written here before some very smart and wealthy people have turned blocking stakes into an artform and made boat loads of money out of it. Blocking stakes aren't about control or involvement in decisions or adding value. They are about extracting a premium for total ownership once the buyer has shown their hand. The are loads of examples of this and I have posted some classics on this thread previously.

The alternative explanation I put forward is that given Edge are willing to pay more than Minor is, Minor may in fact decide to take a quick profit of 30% on shares purchased thus far (29.4964% is the average profit margin for their current 60% stake if they on sell to Edge at 60c). Something that Minor would seriously have to look at.

Personally I don't care what their story is. 60c is better than 52c and as a matter of principle I have openly stated on many occassions I won't accept the Minor offer after insulting us with their pathetic 35c offer and treating us like idiots by writing letters telling us what a great deal it was and trying to scare us with nonsense.

Are you serious about your statements about the board just trying to save face or was that just a windup ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.074M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 52735 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 16064 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.03pm 30/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.