KSL 0.51% 98.5¢ kina securities limited

If my memory serves me correctly Kina Bank have previously...

1. 3,607 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333

If my memory serves me correctly Kina Bank have previously highlighted their intention to continue to facilitate the growth of SME's, having already grabbed a decent share of personal banking.

If as discussed above, PNG gov't were to actively push a SOE Bank at too much of a disincentive to KSL's and the like it would pay them to remember THEY would then be at a disadvantage in accessing capital at competitive rates to loan to those entreprenuerial businesses that KSL is prepared to encourage and support. KSL has the size and relationships favourable to access credit, where I should think a PNG gov't backed SOE bank would find it harder. (Of course THAT situation would be reminiscent of so many third world countries - partic African but also SE Asian who have accepted Chinese credit and found they haven't a snowball's chance of paying it off)

I think to be wary of pissing off KSL, PM Marape would be aware that our business doing the right thing in PNG, by PNG also likely provides a conduit to Aust Federal Ministers, and other beneficial Aust business mentors and investors. Business is business of course, however as far as possible I've no doubt KSL has found sufficient competition as they became established in PNG to require observing a degree of "social obligation" particularly with personal banking, however that is a balancing act, and should not necessary intrude across the SME lending tier.

I rather think it's about the package quality; loan conditions, consultation, follow up guidance and oversight and providing a safe, professional experience for the developing SME.

It's a good conversation you've started and I like points from both.

On the more immediate concern that's seen the SP take a hit on larger than usual volume in the last two days, I received a response from the company's Investment Relations which helped clarify further along with @gavtech 's input above.

The fairly strong statement in Sam's second para below, was the encouragement I needed to sit tight for now.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4897/4897577-a566c17fcab5aa751247512dd2db8144.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KSL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.