new tenant strategy, page-3

1. 17,117 Posts.
    Norbita...from what I understand, you sold your house and are now renting it back from the new owner...
    your post 4.6.09
    ",i sold in a despairing market and a personally despairing situation and realised probably 90% of todays price and leased back at a rent the agent was surprised at,for me this was an enticement,it worked i got my result settled in 6 weeks from listing,i poured the funds into the listed reit sector and am very happy with the outcome so far,"

And you have stated you put all your funds into the listed property sector.....
    As a landlord I would not be interested in your idea...what happens if you decide to change your mind, and wanted the deposit back in a year or so.....or what if those listed trusts fell over etc...
    your idea is skewed to you the tenant...low rent for you etc...where is the benefit for the landlord...

far better way is the govt deal, some of which are on offer to the public...you buy the new house, give tenants the 20% discount to market rent (which btw is or will be listed by the ABS or whoever ,so there is certainty about what the rent should be) then the govt hands back 6000 ps for 10 years, and state govt matching that with 2000 pa for 10 years...so the landlord receives 80,000 back over 10 years...all for just 20% discount on rent.....
    I know which one I would prefer.....or just stay with what most of us do....more control over a vlauable investment...and not handing control to another

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.