Hi Howie! I have tried taking the path you are planning to take...

1. 4,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 530
    Hi Howie!

I have tried taking the path you are planning to take (albeit at less than 5 years experience in the stock market)
    Here is a few things I would like to share with you, hopefully you will avoid mistakes I've done:

The thing I learned when I jumped into daytrading after extensive theoretical education and a bit of paper trading:
    - How fast I can lose money and how many times it's possible to make the same 'I'll never do that again' mistake.

After I got my emotions a bit in order and started having a bit of success, I wasn't making any money due to brokerage costs.
    So I decided to move to cent stocks that make large daily moves.
    I learned that in fact: it was possible to lose money faster than I previously thought!

Afterwards, I moved to short term/swing trading (days to few weeks) in fairly liquid stocks.
    Tho it was still hard, it was less brutal and punishing.
    Eventually I started having decent success and when I went back to daytrading it was a lot less hard.
    Tho I never mastered daytrading to make consistent profits.

I would suggest learning resistance and trendlines, and practicing by trading short term.
    Before moving on to candle formations, Fibonacci, etc and daytrading.

Maybe read a book or 2 (Trading Secrets by Louise Bedford will give you basics and it won't overwhelm you, to begin with)

Threads that @Jako8557 suggested are a must read before you start risking your money.

Best of luck

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.