ALK 2.50% 58.5¢ alkane resources limited

New Tomingley Newsletter, page-2

1. 569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 270
    Well the end of tomorrow is the close of exhibition period regarding the Roswell and San Antonio mine extension.

https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/major-projects/projects/tomingley-gold-extension-project

Wonder what submissions will come back and if the approvals by mid 2022 are still on the cards?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4209/4209063-d5adbe1c5eeeb9ac41913be6c9ce16ae.jpg
    We must be overdue for some drilling results for the Tomingley extensions originally due in Feb. The last Qtrly indicated that the following drilling was still ongoing, "Near-mine exploration continued at Tomingley targeting additional mineralisation outside the existing resource models at Roswell and San Antonio, as well as Macleans, El Paso and the Plains prospect to the east of Roswell."

I am hoping the recent heavy rains have not caused any delays of the drilling for either Tomingley or NMPP. Maybe a local such as @Lureman can give an indication of the likely impact of heavy rain in the local region.

In addition we are due some results for the extensive drilling that is occurring at the Northern Molong Porphyry Project (NMPP) indicated in the Boda update on the 25 Feb 2022

• "Final assays from the Boda higher-grade resource drilling are scheduled for March and will be incorporated into the maiden resource estimation database. These assays have been delayed in the laboratory due to the recent wave of Covid-19 cases in NSW, as a result the initial Boda resource is now expected in April 2022.
    • Targeting of higher-grade zones within the extensive mineralisation at Boda Two/Three will commence once the initial results from that drilling have been received in Q2 2022.
    • Two RC drilling rigs have also commenced work on the Kaiser-Duke prospect. A 13,000m drilling program using a 100m x 100m drill hole grid sequence to 300m vertical depth is planned for the purpose of an initial resource estimate of the near-surface material."

Hopefully the COVID issues that were causing the the lab delays have been overcome and we get a update in the next couple of weeks. I know NE implied that the market will be surprised by the result, hope that this proves to be true.

Looking the current price of CAI (98.5c), it looks like ALK is sitting on a paper profit of around $20 mil at the moment and looking at the current indicated timeline from post on the CAI Hotcopper page by @HomeBrandPost #:59859332 there will be more upside as the move to gold production gets closer
    • 02/06/2021 Commissioning underway
    • 24/06/2022 Ore Processing commenced
    • 01/07/2022 First pour
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4209/4209089-e0acede1163b7d4d0474536de6a9df93.jpg

I am wondering what approach will be taken by ALK once production starts and if the shareholding will be treated purely as an investment or if the chances of a M&A transaction is still on the cards. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

In summary, it is likely that the next few weeks will produce lots of updates and possible positive news from ALK, including the next Qtrly. It will be interesting to see if the production from Tomingley was impacted by the rain and the value of the sales particularly with the recent high gold prices. and ASIC due to the heavy rains.

Holding long team as I like the ALK conservative approach and the results to date. This is a team that under promises and over delivers.

It has been a boring Sunday and a while since we have had an update so sorry for the rant. Also looking forward to the next Ian/Nick video as it give a non technical like me a better understanding of the Boda results.
    Last edited by RabbitTrap: 27/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.5¢
Change
-0.015(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $353.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
60.0¢ 61.5¢ 58.5¢ $546.7K 915.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 51063 58.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
59.0¢ 14615 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
58.5¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 2.48 %)
Open High Low Volume
61.5¢ 61.5¢ 58.5¢ 186053
Last updated 15.59pm 13/05/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.