ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

goodaye Gassed,yes that Bloomberg article said it all.i have no...

1. 8,564 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2833
    goodaye Gassed,
    yes that Bloomberg article said it all.
    i have no doubt that any development of PEL218 will be done in concert with ATP855.
    It would simply not make any sense to do two seperate developments.

I think the stipulation in the new farmin agreement that Beach must drill a well in ATP855, and then frac it within 30 days of drilling, says to me that BPT is looking at these two permits as one play.

I can still see the whole development of ATP855 and PEL218 permits being hived-off into a seperate vehicle, then having a big j/v partner taking an stake in that dev't.

In the BPT thread they talk about Conoco, but there are plenty of other players in the USA shale business that would have the expertise and big balance sheets to develop the Nappa Trough.

I reckon this scenario is more likely than a t/o of either Beach or Icon.

I also wonder why the Stanwell GSA could not be filled by gas from the shale permits? I would think that Stanwell would be happy to get the gas. Of course, that would depend on pricing, and one would think that csg from a Qld csg well would be much cheaper than shale gas from a well in C/B? But that cost basis may be quite different in a few years time?

I suspect Beach is going to drag ICN along into the land of commercial enterprises, and thus into the land of credibilty.

From RG interview, its clear thet the Napp Trough is simply huge and market significant.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.